When buying or selling a home, there are lots of details to consider. A house is likely the biggest investment people make, and so much can go wrong. You want to check the roof, the yard, the electrical system, the appliances—and the foundation. Because without a good foundation, your entire home is at risk.
What To Look For When Buying A Home
If you see any of the below signs, it doesn’t necessarily mean the house has foundation issues. What does it mean? You should contact a foundation specialist to check it out for you. Call us at (225) 664-5956 if you see:
- Cracks. However, cracks that are solely in the foundation itself are not an issue. But cracks in the brick, sheetrock, or ceiling can be. Cracks going up the structure could indicate a severe foundation movement.
- Sagging Floors or Ceilings. In pier and beam foundations, unevenly spaced piers can result in inadequate support. Ultimately, the floors and even the ceiling will start to sag.
- Pools of Water. Try to visit or drive by your potential home after a big rainstorm. See if the rainwater gathers around the home’s foundation. Too much water too often can cause the soil to shift under the house, resulting in the foundation shifting and cracking as well.
- Poor Ventilation. Similar to the pooling water, too much moisture can damage your foundation. Ensure the vents along the house’s base are present and clear from debris.
A Referral To Us Is One You Can Trust
Are you a real estate agent? We understand possible foundation issues on a home you’re buying or selling can be stressful. That’s why we’re here to help! Call us for a free foundation repair estimate. We’ll do our best to get there during the inspection period. Also, if your clients ask for recommendations, you can refer them to us with confidence.
We put our clients first because we know you do too.
We take our referral business very seriously because we know our work reflects on you as well. Our trusted team of professionals is here to get foundation repairs done the right way—every time. Additional benefits we can offer your clients are:
- Pay for our work at the closing table.
- No transfer fees with warranties.
- Accreditation with the Better Business Bureau.
- The guarantee that the job will be done the right way and last for years to come.
Foundation Repair Costs
We understand you might be worried about high foundation repair costs. But a foundation is something you can’t ignore. Here at WCK Foundation Repair, our team is here to help identify the problem—and its source—before the work starts. That way, you’ll be able to make decisions fully informed. What’s more, our foundation estimates are always FREE. We’re locally owned and operated since our beginnings in 1983. So we know what it’s like to own a home in Louisiana. Contact us today to begin.